We are happy to announce the publication of a NEW ISSUE of the Journal of Virtual Worlds Research (JVWR) – the second and concluding part of the special issue on Pedagogy.
Volume 12, Number 1 (2019):
Pedagogy – Taking Stock and Looking Forward (Part 2)
Kenneth Y. T. Lim, National Institute of Education, Singapore
Cátia Ferreira, Universidade Católica Portuguesa, Portugal
2019 marks the tenth anniversary of a landmark issue of the Journal of Virtual Worlds Research, which was themed on ‘Pedagogy,’ an issue that was the fruition of a vision of the late Dr. Leslie Jarmon, who was a pioneer academic in the use of virtual worlds and immersive environments for learning.
In this second and concluding part of the two-part special issue – four more academic papers which together paint a colorful canvas on just how far we have come, from those early tentative steps during which we explored the nexus between immersive environments and learning a decade ago.
Issue Editor Corner
Kenneth Y T Lim, Catia Ferreira
Peer Reviewed Research Papers
Enrico Gandolfi, Robert Clements
Marijel Melo, Elizabeth Bentley, Ken S. McAllister, José Cortez
Virtual Reality in Education: Focus on the Role of Emotions and Physiological Reactivity
Mikko Vesisenaho, Merja Juntunen, Päivi Häkkinen, Johanna Pöysä-Tarhonen, Janne Fagerlund, Iryna Miakush, Tiina Parviainen
More from The JVWR
TheJVWR next issue of 2019 will be on the IMPACT of immersive environments expecting to tackle issues like the following, and more:
- What is the usefulness of such research?
- Who are the main beneficiaries of the research?
- What real-world problems does the research on virtual worlds address?
- How can the effectiveness of the research be measured, if at all?
- Can we identify short, medium and longer term conceptions of impact?
In Q3/2019 we will publish another Assembled issue. This is a place for various papers, on the topic of the journal, collected during the preceding year. You are invited to upload your research paper at any time to our system (register here), and it will be considered as a candidate for publication in 2019.
More things you can do:
- Subscribe to our mailing list (top left of #TheJVWR home page to receive news and updates (no spam guaranteed.)
- Connect with us on twitter @TheJVWR and on our Facebook page (TheJVWR).