Call for Editors: Virtual2Real Hardware (Glass, Rift, Leap and more)
- Oculus Rift
- Leap Motion
- Google Glass
- Omnidirectional Treadmills
- Intel RealSense Technology
- Precision Position Tracking
- Sony Project Morpheus
- Head Mounted Displays
- Vuzix Smart Glasses & Wraps
- Osterhout Design Group (ODG)
- Description of current and new hardware
- Research on new interfaces
- New market analysis that stems from new hardware
- User perception
- Market impacts
- And more…
We are looking for a prime editor and 1-2 co-editors for this V2RHardware issue. If you have an interest and background in the field as well as experience in academic editing, please let us know by sending your CV and a cover letter to [email protected].
The final decision about the editors will be made by the end of April 2014 or earlier based on the information we get. Act soon.
For more details about editors’ role and requirements see JVWR site –> About JVWR –> For Issue Editors.
Publication is planned for Q1-2 of 2015.
With a potential conference on the Virtual2Real Hardware on Q4/ 2014.
Current authors, who have already submitted relevant papers, will be notified after editors have been appointed.
New authors are invited to think about the issue and wait for the official call.
The Journal of Virtual Worlds Research (http://www.jvwresearch.org/) is an online, open access academic journal that engages a wide spectrum of scholarship and welcomes contributions from the many disciplines and approaches that intersect virtual worlds research. The field of virtual worlds research is a continuously evolving area of study that spans across many disciplines and the JVWR editorial team looks forward to engaging a wide range of creative and scholarly work.For any information regarding this call, please contact JVWR coordinating editor, Ms. Tzafnat Shpak:
tzafnat.shpak AT jvwresearch DOT org
Note also the following:
- Check our web site’s special page on events for updates in our field.
- Review past issues on our website’s special all issues cover view page.
- We welcome you to join our Facebook page theJVWR
- Follow us @theJVWR on Twitter
- And/or subscribe to our mailing list (on the top left of http://www.jvwreserach.org).
We are looking forward to hearing from you soon.
TheJVWR – The Journal of Virtual Worlds Research