We are happy to announce the NEW ISSUE of the Journal of Virtual Worlds Research (JVWR):
Volume 6, Number 3:
Legal and Governance Challenges
The editorial team:
- Melissa de Zwart, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Dan Hunter, QUT Law School, Australia
- Greg Lastowka, Rutgers University, USA
The six articles in this issue “Legal and Governance Challenges” reflect a range of voices in virtual world scholarship and we hope that they inspire, provoke and facilitate a range of responses. As you examine the issue, you can get a good sense of a field that uses past discussion to advance new issues.
Managing Editor Corner
Issue Editors’ Corner
Melissa de Zwart, Dan Hunter, Greg Lastowka
Peer Reviewed Research Papers
- Authorship in Virtual Worlds: Author’s Death to Rights Revival?
Sergio Roncallo-Dow, Enrique Uribe-Jongbloed, Kim Barker, Tobias M Scholz
- Evaluating Consent and Legitimacy Amongst Shifting Community Norms: an EVE Online Case Study
Nicolas Suzor, Darryl Woodford
- The Iron Law
William Sims Bainbridge
Enjoy your read!
More from the JVWR
- Check the updated agenda of JVWR Workshop “Via the Lookiing Glass” in Milan, Italy. We’d love to see you there on December 15, 2013 (1pm – 6pm). See ad at the bottom.
- A call for reviewers: we welcome competent academicians & researchers to join us as members of the JVWR review team. Being a reviewer is a matter of prestige and achievement. The JVWR believes in the value and importance of the reviewers throughout the publication process. It is not only about bringing the individual paper to its best, but also about shaping the credibility and reputation of the journal as a leader in the evolving field of Virtual Worlds.
If you are interested in becoming a peer-reviewer for the JVWR please contact us email@example.com. Send your CV or a short resume and let us know what areas of interest you would be able to review.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
- You are invited to browse previous issues on our web site. We have a special page that includes a cover view of all our past issues.
- Subscribe to our mailing list (on the top left ofhttp://www.jvwresearch.org) to receive JVWR news and updates (no spam guaranteed).
- You are welcome to:
Join our Facebook page (TheJVWR)
And follow us on twitter @TheJVWR.
You are all invited to join our workshop at ICIS 2013 in Milan with live demos of both Google Glass andOculus Rift. See all the details here.
We look forward to seeing you in Milan,
Prof. Yesha Y. Sivan
TheJVWR – The Journal of Virtual Worlds Research